Sunday, February 26, 2012

Presentation Project

This presentation project turned out to be a rewarding subject.  My career is in the information security field.  Part of my job is educating others about information security and how to protect yourself and the company's data.  I am leveraging this project with the presentation that I will give while together with our Corporate Security Group in a few weeks.  The previous presentation that I made for this summit two years ago belongs in the PowerPoint "hall of shame".  This class has already proven valuable to my career.  After evaluating my submitted presentation tonight, against the evaluation rubric, my presentation lines up well, but lacked at least in one area.

I created a logical flow from the start with the "Top 5 ideas" flow.  I began with a question and ended asking for any questions from the audience.  I grabbed the attention within the first 30 seconds by starting out with a question to the audience rather than introducing myself first. I asked questions and brought up issues to the audience to spark interest.  The illustrations that were used related to the subject of the awareness tip.  More information could have been given, but time restraints only kept his list to five (5) tips and little explanation. I did not clutter my presentation slides.  As a learning reflection, before I took this class, my presentation slides were created with too much clutter.  Although, I did not give any websites to reference to find more information. 

URL of my presentation:  http://my.brainshark.com/ISM3004-presentation-project-BRADSHAW-Security-Awareness-636682325

As I watched another student's presentation, they had background music during the presentation.  Background music should be at a very low volume to ensure the speaker is clearly heard.  I leaned on the safe side for my recording and did not have any background music playing.  The peer presentation that I watched gave a well presented Credits ending.  After I viewed theirs, I realized that mine lacked in detail.  I should have credited websites on where to validate claims.  


No comments:

Post a Comment